Glider Rides on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii
See the north shore from a bird's eye
view! Take an extremely scenic Glider Ride tour around
the north shore. Take a ride in a bubble-topped sailplane over North Shore, Oahu.
Average visibility is 30-40 miles. A running commentary is provided by one of our million-mile pilots on each twenty-minute flight. The glider-port is located at Dillingham Airfield,
Approximate travel time from Waikiki: 50 minutes.
The air tour includes:
• a panoramic view of the North Shore coastline
• aerials of brilliant coral pools; a patchwork of
sugarcane fields at Waialua Plantation
• glimpses of cattle and horse trails along the rugged volcanic Waianae Mountain Range
• splashes of vividly colored windsurfing sails
• a look at the U.S. Air Force Satellite Tracking Station
• spontaneous entertainment off-shore by leaping schools of dolphins, giant sea turtles, and occasional whales.
10:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. every day (including holidays)
Flights depart every twenty minutes on a first come, first serve basis.
Check in with "Mr. Bill."
Bring your camera!
For additional information, refer to your personalized rent-a-car map magazine, the Oahu Drive Guide.
Transportation to the airfield is by car rental or
other private vehicle.
A Hawaiian original of HONOLULU SOARING CLUB, INC.
P.O. Box 626, Waialua, Hawaii 96791
Telephone (808) 677-3404
For more information, go to: www.Honolulusoaring.com
Sharks Cove Rentals 59-672 Kamehameha Hwy., Haleiwa, HI 96712
(808)779-8535 or (808)638-7980 | Lanej003@hawaii.rr.com
© 2004 Sharks Cove Rentals. All rights reserved.
Negotiable rates, 30 night ordinance.
Home | Links | Big Island Links